Dan's Africa Soundtrack

Anything you like.

Moderator: Chantal

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Dan's Africa Soundtrack

Post by Ash G »

Good God, it's good! A complete opposite of the chilling, icy Snow Queen. The Africa album is often warm and bouncy, moments of intricate intensity sit in vast open fields of sounds. There's a beautifully blended range of styles, from sounds of The Prodigy to Final Fantasy, with a very slight influence of Ooberman in many of the tracks. The whole album is very accurate - the pitch, rhythm and timing are all perfect, but it doesn't feel clinical and calculated like trance music. Even the track order is nice, each piece of music lets the next in brilliantly.
It's not an emotional pranging, like an Ooberman album, but as something nice to listen to, it's outstanding.

What did you all think of it?

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G »

So maybe I'm easily pleased. But all the good things I said are true.

Chantal
Sugar Bum

Post by Chantal »

I haven't had the chance to sit down and listen to it yet, but shall try to soon :)

Wayne
Beany Bean

Post by Wayne »

It is good.

StefanC
Beany Bean

Post by StefanC »

It is that :D

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William »

i don't think i've played it yet
honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.

Chantal
Sugar Bum

Post by Chantal »

I meant to post about it after I'd listened to it, but forgot! I know I was going to mention something about really liking the bits of cello in some of the tracks. :D

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William »

drowning in sorrow?
honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.