Newness

Anything you like.

Moderator: Chantal

StefanC
Beany Bean

Post by StefanC » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:39 pm

Dan Pop wrote:hey ash, you might be interested in these weighty tomes of mine from 2003:

http://www.ooberman.net/Two_Essays.zip

It's two essays about Time. I'm trying to prove that time doesn't flow, which kind of builds on the fatalistic, deterministic instincts you express above.

'Why do we believe that time flows' is me really trying to explain my point of view. 'Footprints from the Future' is a bit more readable and even-handed between the different perspectives, but doesn't try to prove anything.
found this

http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php

you may already be aware of it...

...not sure where your stance fits in with it so would be interested to hear yer thoughts.

string theory eh? from my point of view i think things start getting a little hairy after the 7th dimension...

Jonfaro
Lavender Blue

Post by Jonfaro » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:18 pm

well good for you ash my discovery today is that i need to make something so the oven door dont close on my arm. First day of the holidays is amazing esp when it is the first day so infact less then two weeks till a legitimate play but i dunno if it works as we enter winter

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:16 am

Whoo! Have a listen to this beauty:
-
It's an mp3 of C'est La Vie, but extended (cut-up) to be just over 4 minutes long. It's extended for a purpose, I want to use it in a promotional video for the manga story I'm not exactly writing. There's a thousand things I need to sort out before I record the video, but this is hopefully going to be the soundtrack. For the sake of my free website's relatively low bandwidth allowance I've kept the quality low (though it doesn't sound too bad actually) but I'll use the high quality one for the video, if I make it.
I haven't used it for anything yet, so I don't think there's any copyright violation. Let me know what you think. Is it as slick as frozen slime, or as obviously hacked up as Jason Voorhies' dinner party guests?
Last edited by Ash G on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:18 am

it amuses me a little that string theory came about shortly after LSD became widely-known. on one level my brain doesn't quite get all that 10-dimensional stuff, but then on another level it really does.
honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:02 am

Going back to the idea of time not flowing, and more specifically the idea that our brains arrange memories of the past like stills from a film strip; do we not remember when we were very young, as a baby, being born and in utero for the reason (at this point I forget what I was going to say. Funny thing, inspiration. I came here with this great idea, but forgot the second half while I was typing the first half...)

retrofuturist
Lavender Blue

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:17 pm

Alternatively, time may just be a fictional construct of the mind?

Before we define how it works, we should first be convinced it actually exists, as opposed to just being a concept. Has anyone done this yet?

Retro. :)

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:44 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Alternatively, time may just be a fictional construct of the mind?

Before we define how it works, we should first be convinced it actually exists, as opposed to just being a concept. Has anyone done this yet?

Retro. :)
Turn abstract levels to 11, I fear this is going to get worse before it gets better. Lets go.

William
Hand That Gets Burnt

Post by William » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:08 am

it's one more dimensional
honey pie, i don't know when it started, just stop buying your albums from the supermarket. They only sell records that have charted.

Ash G
Sugar Bum

Post by Ash G » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:06 am

Ash G wrote:...in real life I'm about as popular as dog shit sandwiches at a wedding buffet, and I don't speak to anyone.
I lol'd at myself.